Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Wonky, Baby

I found this quilt on on Faith from Chicago's site, Fresh Lemons Quilts in spring and I just couldn't resist.  While I didn't have a pattern, I did use the links Faith provided on her site.

I also went a little nutty on the FMQ - I zippled the sashing areas and loopy-ed the white areas on the 12" blocks. 


Wonky block!

Wonky block with loopy filler design in the center

Liberated Churn Dash with loopy filler design

Wonky block in a block with loopy filler design
Wonky, Baby!
Wonky was a bit more challenging than I had originally anticipated, but I love the outcome.  It's bright, and will surely get the baby's attention.


6 comments:

  1. The "Liberated Churn Dash" is AWESOME!!! Love the whole quilt. I am so glad the use of white has come back......so fresh and sparkling! Great job! Happy weekend!.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors - the baby will have fun following all the patterns you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! The colours are so happy! I will try the liberated churn dash for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the bright wonky shapes! The quilting in the white areas really makes them pop. Lots to look at for curious young eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilt. Love the wonkynees totally.

    ReplyDelete