Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh, What a Week!

Well, I totally failed the FMQ Project homework; I didn't stitch two blocks together all week.

However, I have been busy piecing and quilting a couple of new projects.
New Easter Table Runner (WIP)

With Plenty of Handwork.....

Plus I worked last weekend on another project for my daughter....
Almost Done
It's difficult to see, but this wall hanging is about 1/3 FMQ'd with stippling.  I tried to use a polyester thread on my Brother PS1000, which I've used for all my other FMQ projects.  (Why do I try something new on a real project!!???)  The thread was giving me fits!  Absolutely ready to throw the sewing machine through the window and go back to gardening 100%.

So I talked to DH, and we discussed a new machine.  I told him I'd done my homework - I've asked questions, read blogs, read reviews, I was ready to test drive a new machine.  Since I live in podunk Kingman, AZ, the nearest place to test drive a new machine was Henderson (Las Vegas), Nevada.  So, I asked my friend, Olive, who lives near me and is my quilting mentor, to ride along and provide thoughts and input.  (She was more than happy to spend someone else's money, she said!)

This is what I brought home with me......
Woot!  Woot!  Happy Birthday to Me!!! (and Happy Easter, Happy Memorial Day, Happy 4th of July, etc. etc. etc.)
I expect the quality of my FMQ to improve d-r-a-m-a-t-i-c-a-l-l-y over the next few months.  My DH has put the burden of own-ness on me to pay our tithes to the church on my purchase out of the household budget.  Looks like tortillas and beans for a couple months, honey!  Thank You, Sweetie!

No more handwork!  I have an applique mode on this baby that will take care of that!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! A new machine! I'm envious!!! Enjoy and remember there are no rules with the FMQ project so whatever happens ... I'm sure that a lot of quilting is now going to happen! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I've had my 7700 for about a month and I'm SO happy. I've had 8 years of struggle with FMQ,and since I got this machine all my problems are over (so far!). I haven't touched the tension, and it's been more or less perfect on all my FMQ. Let us know how you get on - and did you know that there are 2 very helpful Yahoo groups for 7700 owners? Well worth joining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll seek out the Yahoo groups for 7700 today! I'm so far from civilization here in Kingman, something like those groups will be a godsend. Thanks for that, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOO jealous and really, really happy for you! I can't wait to see how you like it! I've been telling my DH about this machine. Even test drove one. Did I tell you I'm SOOOO jealous??!! Happy quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm.....I might need to put this on MY wish list! It looks lovely and can't wait to see the results from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Love your new machine. I envy you at the same time I'm very happy for you.
    I am a beginner quilter and I have been sewing on a very basic brother XL2600i machine. I'll have to prove myself to be a good quilter to my DH befoer I can afford a Janome :-).
    That's my dream :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm feeling a tinge of jealousy...that is a nice piece of machinery you've got there! But I may just love the quilt wall hanging even better! <3

    ReplyDelete