Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

BountifulBaskets.org

Recently my teacher in my quilting class told us about a program offered in Arizona called "Bountiful Baskets".  It's a co-op of farmers who produce fruits and veggies around the country as well as Mexico and Central America.

For a donation of $15 every two weeks, fresh fruits and veggies are delivered locally for pick up by participants.  Since my husband and I began eating a plant-based diet about 5 weeks ago, I thought I'd give it a try.

To my most pleasant surprise, here's what I got:  8 apples, 5 pears, 3 bananas, 1 pineapple, 2 bunches of celery, two heads of romaine, 3 eggplants, 1 bunch of baby asparagus, 4 giant ears of corn, 1 giant bunch of broccoli and a basket of mushrooms.  I also opted to purchase 5 loaves of organic 9-grain bread for $10.50.  Take a look at the pictures below that show the fresh fruit.

Bountiful Baskets is not available in all states, however,  everyone should logon and check availability in their city/state.  It's the best bargain I've gotten in a long, long time!

Fresh, Fresh, Fresh...

Beautiful Fruits & Veggies

And here's the Organic 9-Grain Bread!      

All the baskets at the pick-up site are loaded by volunteers who coordinate and distribute the baskets.  Seems like a very worthwhile venture to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment